Salesforce.com, Inc Senior Program Manager M&A in San Francisco, California
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Job Title: Senior Program Manager, IT
Location: San Francisco
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is seeking an experienced Senior IT Program Manager to lead large scale/transformational IT Merger & Acquisition programs. This seasoned IT professional will lead the delivery of multiple enterprise-wide IT Merger & Acquisition solutions. In this role, you will work closely with Corporate Development, IT Merger & Acquisition IT Application Development, Marketing, Sales, Post Sales, Vendors, Security, Support and other internal groups to manage the project(s) from initiation through execution or delivery. This seasoned IT professional will have a deep technical background and significant experience with Merger and Acquisition Integration, IT Infrastructure and Software Development.
• Leads the successful implementation of large scale, transformative IT Merger & Acquisition programs
• Charters large scale IT investments by facilitating the definition of program objectives, success criteria, scope, governance, multi-year schedule, and budget
• Defines effective program management processes, structure, roles, and responsibilities to successful execution and delivery of business objectives
• Leads business and IT executives in scope alignment and definition sessions, identifies program critical success factors and drives mitigation of significant issues and risks
• Manages multiple technical teams providing technology and methodology leadership ensuring the delivery of elegant and innovative IT solutions to high impact business opportunities
• Implements and coaches others in industry leading practices in program scope, schedule, and financial management. Effectively removes blockers and mitigates project risks maximizing team productivity and ensuring delivery
• As a senior member of staff, mentors other Project Managers, inspiring high performance and championing a customer first department vision that both ensures maximum team engagement as well as outstanding customer satisfaction
• Bachelors of Science in CS, MIS, related technical degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 6 years of technical work experience
• 6-10 years of direct, hands-on IT project management experience
• Successfully led enterprise-level cross-functional transformational Merger & Acquisition programs
• Strong project financial acumen, including monthly and quarterly forecasting accuracy for employees, contingent staff, HW/SW, and proactive change request management
• Superior communication and presentation skills; speaks with clarity, brevity and passion with all audiences including C-level executives
• Ability to drive work independently, identifying solutions, moving them to implementation, and developing long-range strategies
• Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and outside the project team who provide decision making, information, or support
• Achieves positive outcomes by identifying common interests, clarifying differences, and achieving consensus or compromise
• Communicates a clear, vivid, inspiring and relevant description or picture of project benefits / value to the customer
• Works to improve and reinforce performance in others; facilitates their skill development by providing clear, specific performance feedback, and making or eliciting suggestions for solutions/performance improvement
• Calculates team velocity, ensures visibility by graphically charting iteration progress, and applies strong facilitation skills, ensuring team is continuously adapting and improving their productivity
• Demonstrates mastery in all aspects of Project Management plan-driven methodology, including:o Scope Management o Schedule Management o Financial Management o Issue & Risk Management o Vendor, Contract, & Resources Management o Execution Governance / Steering Committees, Monitoring, and Control
• Well versed with SW development and IT Infrastructure practices, including a pertinent technical industry certifications
• Strong business acumen and familiarity with broad range of business processes beyond
• Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!