Salesforce.com, Inc Senior Director of Engineering, Product Delivery - Salesforce.org in San Francisco, California
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Sr. Director of Engineering, Product Delivery, Salesforce.org
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and—above all—connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good.
If working every day to support this vision sounds like something you’d be interested in doing, then we’d like to talk to you. We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to join our fast-growing team, someone who’s willing to dive in head-first, support and protect our culture, respect our people, keep trust first and foremost, and help establish and build a world class products at Salesforce.org. The Sr Director of Engineering within Salesforce.org Product Delivery will have a strong background in agile development processes and methodology, a deep familiarity with the Salesforce suite of products and a strong emphasis on delivery high quality products at high velocity.
The ideal candidate will enjoy being challenged, learning-by-doing, have excellent communication and people skills at their disposal as they build their team, and a pragmatic approach to practicing their craft. The candidate will also attract employees who share our values and drive towards taking action and assuming responsibility for an agile team that operates in short aggressive release cycles. This Sr. Director will report directly to the VP of Product Delivery.
● Daily management of standups, meetings, objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of staff
● Assisting in code and design reviews for new functionality and bug fixes
● Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources.
● Empowering the delivery team to self organize
● Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
● Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
● Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
● Participating in architecture discussions and planning
● Communicating & responsibility for status, risks, and offering mitigation strategies
● Participating in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from Product Management, Release Management, Documentation and Quality Assurance functions
● Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
● Occasionally contributing to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments as well as to keep your technical acumen sharp
Experience and skills:
● 6+ years experience leading software development projects with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
● 4+ years experience as a ScrumMaster of one or more fast-paced & dynamic engineering teams
● Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic, dependencies, and domain
● Ability to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
● Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
● Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
● Experience in hiring smart, talented engineers
● Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations.
● Experience with Agile development methodologies. ScrumMaster experience required.
● Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
● Proven ability to lead geographically distributed development teams
● Experience with Open Source Contributions a plus
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.