Salesforce.com, Inc Senior Manager, Critical Incident Response Team in Indianapolis, Indiana
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
The Senior Manager, Critical Incident Response Team is a highly customer-focused operational regional leader that is part of a global team responsible for ensuring flawless corporate execution in the rapid response to critical operational incidents. As a member of the Global Customer Success Group, The Sr Manager Critical Incident Response Team has strong technical knowledge of complex systems, deep experience leading the organizational response to complex critical incidents, and guiding major customers and partners through them by mitigating the impact. The Sr Manager Critical Incident Response Team will function as an Incident Commander for a team known as “Unified Command” working critical incidents during the shifts that they cover, ensuring the business is executing a perfect incident response for our customers. Secondary duties will be handling severity-1 issues, ensuring Salesforce is appropriately supporting customers throughout the incident, communicating status to internal executives, and executing post-incident processes upon resolution. This role generally works 5 days a week during business hours and may require some weekend work.
· As part of a 7x24 global team of Incident Commanders – Leading a cross-functional incident response team to drive high customer satisfaction and ensure the impact to customers is mitigated and minimized.
· Participating in cross-functional post-incident reviews to ensure continuous improvement of incident response, operations, and execution.
· Ensuring Corporate Incident Response Readiness at all times by participating in training sessions, updating playbooks, participating in periodic incident response simulations, tests, and drills.
· Participating in On-call rotation, Some weekend work may be required for critical situations requiring expertise.
· Periodic Communications of Incident Status Updates to Executives
· Secondary duties are to execute critical incident processes for sev 1 and sev 2 issues, ensuring outstanding communications and support to customers throughout
• BS or MS in Computer Science / EE or related Engineering Degree
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical area.
· Strong technical understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols.
· 10+ years’ experience in Service or Operational leadership roles supporting highly complex systems and key customers in a mission-critical infrastructure environment.
· Deep experience responding to complex critical incidents
· The ability to cross-functionally lead and manage the response to high priority, high visibility service impacting issues.
· Strong technical knowledge of complex systems, ideally in a multi-tenant environment
· Accomplished cross-functional Incident Management Leadership Experience
· Outstanding Communication skills at the Executive Level: Both Written and Verbal Communications
· Strong Partnership and Collaboration Skills
· Prior experience in a 24x7x365 operations environment is a benefit.
· Prior experience performing incident response or digital forensics as part of an internal team or in a consulting capacity.
• High level of Operational Urgency and Situational Urgency
• Must have strong expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations and critical incidents
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple escalations occurring all at once
• Ability to calmly assess situations and execute a flawless incident response under duress
• Has experience collaborating and communicating on an executive-level.
• Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite to be successful in this role.
• Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management.
• A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all levels and functions.
• Proven ability to manage complex processes and drive continuous process improvement.
• Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
• Experience developing and maintaining productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are completed and business objectives are achieved.
• Highly motivated, with a strong sense of achievement and the willingness to both lead and contribute supportively to a dynamic team environment.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!