Salesforce.com, Inc Performance Engineer- Industries Cloud in Hyderabad, India
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Location: Hyderabad, India
Do you thrive on building innovative software that enables engineers to be more productive and identify software performance bottlenecks and regressions through cutting edge simulations or monitoring? Does the sound of distributed automation, data fingerprinting, time-correlation, intelligent alerting, data skew, waterfall charts, instrumentation, and custom profilers get your creative juices flowing? Want to build those at a scale larger than you’ve ever thought possible?
If you are fueled by the challenges of deep diving into large scale applications spanning diverse technology stacks, then the Salesforce Industry Performance Team is the place for you. You will be excited to think innovatively for our scalability and latency needs, from mobile and browsers to systems and storage and you’ll get chance to work with latest cloud technologies.
Join a growing team operating in one of the hottest technology space to deliver real-time business intelligence for making faster data-driven decisions. As a Performance Engineer, you’ll work closely with the development teams and will be expected to provide input into the architecture and scalability of various components. The performance engineer will focus on identifying, fixing and preventing performance bottlenecks in a multi-tier and massively parallel infrastructure. The performance engineer will design benchmarks, methodology and analysis tools to be adopted cloud-wide, evangelize and support performance work throughout the engineering team and across the industry.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Performance and can take on performance analysis and code optimization challenges across multi-tiers and multi-data centers with focus in one or more of the areas below:
• End-to-End Performance Analysis: Analyze large scale distributed environments and optimize application performance bottlenecks in our application stack.
• Coding and Developing skills: Develop and Debug code to identify and fix performance issues
• UI/Mobile Performance Scalability: Enhance user experience by measuring and optimizing user interface across mobile and other devices.
• Evangelize Performance: Own and drive the performance initiatives
• Automation tools for Performance: Design and build efficient process and automation to repeat tests for every build. Detect regression on production pods.
Minimal Required Skills:
• BS, MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years in a performance engineering role analyzing, troubleshooting and automating performance workloads on large scale systems
• 2+ years of experience as a developer building platforms and applications
• 3+ years of experience to build automation tools
• Coding experience in Java, C, Python, Ruby on Rails
• Deep knowledge of Java and its internals (e.g. JVM performance tuning, GC mechanisms, etc.) and Familiarity with Java Profiling (e.g. JProfiler, YourKit)
• Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills
• Experience identifying bottlenecks across various layers of web application stacks (client, network, backend)
• Expert level understanding of the key performance metrics associated with throughput, latency, memory, CPU, disk & network and the ability to debug bottlenecks associated with any of them
• Object oriented programming experience and knowledge of modular designs
• Familiarity with NoSQL data stores and transport systems such as Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka is a plus
• Hands-on experience in FrontEnd testing tools like Selenium, Loadrunner.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.